Emergency Sex
Saturday, August 28, 2004
  Pre-School "Crushes" There were two boys that I liked in pre-school/elementary school. Interestingly, both of them were of Japanese-caucasian descent.

Jonathan:

Johnathan had long blond/brown beautiful straight hair that just reached his shoulders. His eyes looked like they should have belonged to a a girl, long, long thick lashes and perpetually eyelined. Piercing green eyes. He and I were always inseperable, from the early mornings, when our parents would switch off being the carpool driver, to after school time, when we would spend time over at each other's houses until our parents finished work. My first sleep over was over at his house, where it was fun to watch his plump Caucasian mother interact with his skinny Japanese bespectacled father. He taught me the joys of M&M's, Skittles and Mario Brothers video games.

The car that his mother drove had the most comfortable seats I've ever ridden in in my young life. It was this humoungous Cadillac with red velvet seats that were so plush, I nearly disappeared when I sat on them. He and I would sit in the back, with a mound of school toys and books between us. Sometimes, it was the class rabbit that sat in between us. I remember those days well.

I lost contact with Jonathan after I moved to a different school.

Patrick:

Patrick was always tanned. He had military cut short dark brown hair, with light hazel eyes. He had this striking smile, with beautiful white teeth that contrasted with his dark skin color. We were both the only asian (him half) people in the class so we got along. I sat right next to him. There were these activity stations that we had to rotate between every 15 minutes and I was always his partner. We washed and chopped celery for the "ants on the tree" snacks we had to make for the class. We played dress up together in the box theatre and we finished the multiplication tables together. After school, we had KUMON together at the same community center.

One day, during one of the activity times, we were assigned to the multiplication tables center, which was right beside the bathrooms. We had done the tables a millions times before, and being KUMON schooled, we were fast pros at completing the chart. When we finished everything, we were bored to death. So, we decided to move onto the next activity center earlier: dress up. That day, I was to be the baby, and Patrick was to be the father. I remember going to the bathroom, sitting on the toilet, and wrapping myself up in toilet paper to simulate a baby wrapped in its blanket. Ever few minutes, father Patrick would come in and check to see if the baby was crying or having a fit. Eventually, the teacher caught on to our skipping activity time antics, and came in to the bathroom to put an end to our pretend time. She gave us both time out, but that was okay, because I got to spend the time with Patrick sitting on the time out couch in silence.

I know, I know. It all sounds so twisted, but it was not. It was all done in young, innocent fun. I was too young to know what attraction was.  
Comments:
That's fascinating--the details are all very clear. Childhood friendships are so fascinating, the way they can flare up and die out and last no longer than seasons.

This is such a great name for a blog.
 
Thanks!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

ARCHIVES
Tuesday, August 24, 2004 / Wednesday, August 25, 2004 / Friday, August 27, 2004 / Saturday, August 28, 2004 / Sunday, August 29, 2004 / Monday, August 30, 2004 / Friday, September 03, 2004 / Sunday, September 05, 2004 / Tuesday, September 07, 2004 / Tuesday, September 14, 2004 / Friday, September 17, 2004 / Sunday, November 07, 2004 / Saturday, January 22, 2005 / Wednesday, April 20, 2005 / Tuesday, April 26, 2005 / Saturday, April 30, 2005 / Tuesday, May 03, 2005 / Thursday, July 14, 2005 / Sunday, October 16, 2005 / Friday, November 04, 2005 / Monday, November 14, 2005 / Wednesday, May 31, 2006 / Thursday, June 01, 2006 / Sunday, June 04, 2006 / Thursday, June 08, 2006 / Wednesday, June 14, 2006 / Sunday, June 18, 2006 /


Powered by Blogger